No Fail Lemon Bars
So Lemon Bars are often requested but were a challenge until I found an amazing recipe that seemed to work every time! I didn’t say they were fast but they do taste so good!
- 1 cup of butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- Lemon Filling
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2/3 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice from lemons
- add some lemon zest as well
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Blend the crust ingredients together with a fork or your hands
- Press into a 9x13 pan lined with parchment paper (helps with easy removal)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes to firm it up a bit.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl. In another bowl combine the flour and sugar.
- Whisk the eggs together the sugar and flour. Add in the lemon juice until fully mixed.
- Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for 20 more minutes uncovered.
- Allow them to cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- Cover with confectioners sugar and cut into squares and serve.