Lemon Sugar Cookies with White Chocolate Chips
I love lemon so I did so lemon sugar cookie recipe testing. I added some white chocolate chips to it. I think I like it better without the white chocolate but let me know what you think!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Total Time: 31 minutes
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Lemon sugar cookies – not for decorating just to satisfy your sweet tooth with a bit of lemon. Use less lemon juice if you want a more subtle lemon flavor.
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 – 2 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice (fresh preferred)
- 1 -2 tbsp Lemon zest
- 3 1/4 cups Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Sugar to sprinkle on top
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fully mixed. May take 4-5 minutes.
- Mix in one egg at a time making sure it’s fully mixed.
- Mix in vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest, and mix.
- Add in flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- *Mix in white chocolate chips if you want with spatula.
- Drop onto cookie sheet with spoon into desired sizes. They do grow a bit so leave some room in between them.
- Cook for 9-12 minutes. Sprinkle granulated sugar on them when hot if you desire.